How the Online courses work
Navathome online theory courses provide the latest online learning programmes with animated graphics. Once an answer is submitted, the feedback is instant in the form of a detailed answer page. Some answers will be forwarded to your instructor, who will provide personal feedback and help in the areas required.
The courses are designed to be interesting and enjoyable and will build up your knowledge as you progress until you are fully prepared to complete and pass your assessment.
Why choose Navathome Online learning?
- Online learning in your own time and at your own pace
- Final assessment can be completed in your own home at your own convenience*
- All courses are PC, Mac, Ipad and mobile compatible
- Automatic feedback providing access to the correct answers
- Animations which bring the course to life
- Proven teaching methods that really do work
- On completion of the course, access to the lessons for revision for up to two years
- Dedicated instructor support, providing feedback, personal help and instruction seven days a week
- Official RYA certification provided after satisfactory completion of the course.
- 6 months initial course access with an optional extension for a small fee
Theory pack contents
Your Day Skipper, Coastal Yachtmaster and Fastrack to Coastal Yachtmaster theory pack will contain:
- RYA Training charts 3&4
- RYA Training Almanac
- RYA course exercises book
- RYA shorebased notes book
- RYA electronic chartplotter download
- Free - Bretton type plotter and a pair of brass dividers - with the Day Skipper and Fastrack to Coastal Yachtmaster theory courses only
Delivery of your theory pack
Theory pack delivery is free to UK and most of Europe. Delivery to Spain, Italy and Portugal is by courier at an additional cost of £30. Delivery to the US and Canada is £30 and the rest of the world is £40.
Navathome will not accept responsibility for Packs sent to Marinas, or c/o addresses. If the pack goes missing after it has been signed for, the student will be liable for the cost of the replacement pack. Please see Navathome Terms and Conditions.
*Qualifications for commercial use
If you wish to use your theory Coastal/Yachtmaster or theory Ocean Yachtmaster for commercial use (i.e. MCA large yacht qualification etc.) this will need to be invigilated.
Students who wish for their assessment to be invigilated are invited to complete their online examination under supervision of one of our instructors at our C-MASTERS training centre. This is of particular interest to students who envision obtaining their Yachtmaster Certificate of Competence with commercial endorsement.
The invigilated assessment of online courses ordered via C-MASTERS is available for FREE.
This includes a sandwich lunch and coffee/tea during the day. This way you can focus completely on your exam.
Booking of all Navathome Online theory courses are subject to agreement of Navathome Terms and Conditions and GDPR information
Follow up courses
C-MASTERS recommends the following courses as next steps to put your newly acquired theory knowledge into practice:
- C-MASTERS experience builders
- C-MASTERS practical course on Passage Planning
- C-MASTERS practical course on Navigation @ Night